- Place is in MM-14 (room Z-14,
- Your lab passwords will be
sent to your METU email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please check your metu email addresses regularly.
- Automated attendance will be
taken during labs.
- You have totally
9 lab sessions. Lab 1, Lab 5 and Lab 10 are introduction, midterm and final, respectively (Lab8 won't be held this semester). If you miss 4 lab sessions from remaining 6 lab sessions (they have yellow backgrounds on the syllabus), you will
get NA from the course.
- You must attend at least 3 lab sessions other than introduction, lab midterm and lab final. Medical reports, academic permissions, conflicting exams etc. are not considered as an excuse for attendance. If you miss totally 4 lab sessions from mentioned 6 sessions, without taking your excuse into account, you will get NA. Legal excuse documents are only considered when you assure the condition of attendance to calculate your lab grade according to the policy below.
- When you miss your
lab section, you should bring an official document about your valid
excuse to lab (an official document that shows conflicting exam, illness, etc.). If the missing lab is lab midterm or
lab final, then you will take a lab make-up after the final week; otherwise,
we will assign your "lab final" grades as your missing lab grades at the end of the semester.
For example: You miss Lab 4 and you have a valid excuse. Then, you get 70 from the quiz part of Lab 10 (lab final) and 80 from the programming part of Lab10. We will assign 70 and 80 to quiz and programming parts of Lab 4, accordingly.
- If you have to attend a lab
session in another section for a week: You may attend to another
lab session of the SAME week only.
- Before your lab session, you
have to get prepared for the lab by studying the topic of the week.
- In each lab session, you will
have multiple-choice quiz about the lab topic announced, and then a
- The lab exams will cover all
the topics covered that far in the lab.
- Your lab grades will be
announced at the web and/or at the coordination office.
- You can access the lab manual
at the web.